Last modified: August 20, 2017
Information We Collect
RunBrook May Receive and Collect Your Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The term “personally identifiable information” does not include anonymous information such as IP address information where we have no other way to link that information to you. You can access and use most sections of RunBrook.com without providing any personally identifiable information. You may choose to provide us with personally identifiable information within certain features of RunBrook.com, such as within our “contact us” form. The following are some examples of how we may receive and collect your personally identifiable information:
- We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on RunBrook.com.
- If you send us correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may collect information about you within such correspondence.
- We may receive your personally identifiable information from one of our business partners or other third-party sources.
RunBrook May Receive and Collect Other Information: We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
- Collection of IP Address. When you visit RunBrook.com, we collect your IP address. We may use IP addresses to collect information such as the frequency with which individuals visit various parts of RunBrook.com.
- Collection with Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies. "Cookies" are pieces of information that a Web site sends to your computer while you are viewing a Web site. “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a Web site. We may set and access cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies on your computer to track and store information about you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
The information collected through these technical methods cannot usually be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Collection of Information from Minors
RunBrook.com is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to minors and children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18 and you should not provide us with any information regarding any individual under the age of 18.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
We use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- to fulfill your requests for certain products, services or information;
- to contact you and deliver information to you such as administrative notices, offerings, and other communications relevant to your use of RunBrook.com;
- to analyze site usage, conduct market research, improve marketing and promotional efforts, and improve and customize our content, layout, products and services;
- to provide customer support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
How We Disclose or Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
There are various circumstances in which RunBrook may disclose or share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
Disclosure in the Normal Scope of Business: The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- We may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
- We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of our business, product and service operations and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers.
- There may be a number of separate services offered by third parties on RunBrook.com that we refer to as external service providers and that may be complementary to your use of RunBrook.com. We will provide your personally identifiable information to an external service provider only with your consent.
Disclosure in the Event of a Transfer: Personally identifiable information and other personal information collected from or about you may also be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization, other transfer or bankruptcy (a “Transfer”) involving us. We specifically reserve the right, at any time, to transfer personally identifiable information collected from or residing within RunBrook.com, and any of its databases, as well as any part or all of our business and/or assets, to affiliates or third parties in connection with a Transfer.
Any information which you provide to us may be transferred outside of your home country to a country which does not necessarily offer the same legal protections for personal information. By providing us with your information, you consent to such transfers.
How You Can Opt-Out of Receiving Email from Us
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications via email from us by following the unsubscribe instructions that accompany such marketing communications.
Security Measures We Have in Place to Protect Your Information
RunBrook is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help ensure the security and integrity of information. We educate our employees about safeguarding customer information and preventing its unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. Please note, however, that no security measures are impenetrable and it is possible that your information may be unlawfully intercepted, accessed or “hacked,” despite our reasonable efforts to prevent it.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at or in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.